Name: Acetasol HC
- Acetasol HC missed dose
- Acetasol HC side effects
- Acetasol HC effects of acetasol hc
- Acetasol HC drug
- Acetasol HC acetasol hc dosage
Precautions While Using Acetasol HC
If your condition does not improve within 5 to 7 days, or if it becomes worse, check with your doctor.
How is this medicine (Acetasol HC) best taken?
Use this medicine as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- To gain the most benefit, do not miss doses.
- Keep using Acetasol HC as you have been told by your doctor or other health care provider, even if you feel well.
- For the ear only.
- Wash your hands before and after use.
- Lie on your side with problem ear up.
- For children younger than 3 years of age, pull the outer ear outward and downward.
- For children 3 years of age and older and adults, pull the outer ear outward and upward.
- Put drops in ear without touching dropper to ear. Stay on side for 2 minutes or put cotton plug in ear.
- If you have been told to use a wick of cotton to put this medicine in, follow what the doctor has told you.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Use a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not use 2 doses or extra doses.
What are some other side effects of Acetasol HC?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
Acetasol HC Dosage and Administration
Carefully remove all cerumen and debris to allow solution to contact infected surfaces directly. To promote continuous contact, insert a wick of cotton saturated with the solution into the ear canal; the wick may also be saturated after insertion. Instruct the patient to keep the wick in for at least 24 hours and to keep it moist by adding 3 to 5 drops of solution every 4 to 6 hours. The wick may be removed after 24 hours but the patient should continue to instill 5 drops of solution 3 or 4 times daily thereafter, for as long as indicated. In pediatric patients, 3 to 4 drops may be sufficient due to the smaller capacity of the ear canal.