Name: Acetylcysteine Solution
- Acetylcysteine Solution used to treat
- Acetylcysteine Solution is used to treat
- Acetylcysteine Solution drug
Uses of Acetylcysteine Solution
- It is used to treat acetaminophen overdose.
- It is used to thin mucus so it can be taken from the body by coughing.
- It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Acetylcysteine Solution?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take acetylcysteine solution. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- The drug may change color when the bottle is opened.
- There may be a bad odor to this medicine. This most often goes away fast.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using acetylcysteine solution while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.