Afrin Extra Moisturizing
Name: Afrin Extra Moisturizing
- Afrin Extra Moisturizing missed dose
- Afrin Extra Moisturizing side effects
- Afrin Extra Moisturizing effects of afrin extra moisturizing
- Afrin Extra Moisturizing drug
- Afrin Extra Moisturizing effects of
How is this medicine (Afrin Extra Moisturizing) best taken?
Use this medicine as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Do not take Afrin Extra Moisturizing by mouth. Use in your nose only. Keep out of your mouth and eyes (may burn).
- Some products may have different ways to prime the pump. Some pumps may also need to be primed if not used for different periods of time. Follow how and when to prime as you have been told.
- Blow your nose before use.
- Do not tilt your head back before using this medicine.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- If you use Afrin Extra Moisturizing on a regular basis, use a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not use 2 doses or extra doses.
- Many times this medicine is used on an as needed basis. Do not use more often than told by the doctor.
What are some other side effects of Afrin Extra Moisturizing?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Nose irritation.
- Runny nose.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Afrin Extra Moisturizing?
- Store at room temperature.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.
For the Consumer
Applies to oxymetazoline nasal: nasal solution, nasal spray
Along with its needed effects, oxymetazoline nasal (the active ingredient contained in Afrin NoDrip Extra Moisturizing) may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking oxymetazoline nasal:
- Blurred vision
- fast, irregular, or pounding heartbeat
- headache, dizziness, drowsiness, or lightheadedness
- high blood pressure
- increase in runny or stuffy nose
- trouble in sleeping
Some side effects of oxymetazoline nasal may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects. Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
- Burning, dryness, or stinging inside of nose