Ergoloid-mesylates Oral Solution
Name: Ergoloid-mesylates Oral Solution
- Ergoloid-mesylates Oral Solution side effects
- Ergoloid-mesylates Oral Solution serious side effects
- Ergoloid-mesylates Oral Solution how to use
- Ergoloid-mesylates Oral Solution tablet
- Ergoloid-mesylates Oral Solution drug
- Ergoloid-mesylates Oral Solution used to treat
- Ergoloid-mesylates Oral Solution is used to treat
Highlights for ergoloid-mesylates
ERGOLOID MESYLATES (ER goe loid MES i lates) is one of a group of medicines known as ergot alkaloids. It is used to treat memory loss or confusion.
This drug also comes in other forms, including Oral capsule, Oral tablet
This drug can cause serious side effects. See which side effects you should report to your doctor right away.
Know how to use your medication, and learn what might happen if you miss a dose.
Talk to your healthcare provider if you have any of these conditions.
Know what to watch for and get tips for reducing your risks while taking this drug.
Ergoloid-mesylates Side Effects
Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible:
- allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- changes in vision
- feeling faint or lightheaded, falls
- low blood pressure
- slow heartbeat
Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
- loss of appetite
- stomach upset
- skin flushing
- stuffy nose
Ergoloid-mesylates May Interact with Other Medications
Do not take this medicine with any of the following medications:
- herbal supplements with Ephedra, Ma huang
- medicines for migraine headache like almotriptan, eletriptan, frovatriptan, naratriptan, rizatriptan, sumatriptan, and zolmitriptan
- other ergot alkaloids like bromocriptine, cabergoline, dihydroergotamine, ergonovine, methylergonovine, and methysergide
- some medicines for HIV
How to Use ergoloid-mesylates
Take this medicine by mouth. Follow the directions on the prescription label. Use a specially marked spoon or container to measure each dose. Ask your pharmacist if you do not have one. Household spoons are not accurate. Take your medicine at regular intervals. Do not take it more often than directed. Do not stop taking except on your doctor's advice.
Talk to your pediatrician regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.What should I tell my health care provider before I take this medicine?
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
- mental disorder
- an unusual or allergic reaction to dihydroergotamine, ergoloid mesylates, ergotamine, or other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
- pregnant or trying to get pregnant
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, take only that dose. Do not take double or extra doses.What should I watch for while using this medicine?
Visit your doctor or healthcare professional for regular check ups.
You may get drowsy or dizzy. Do not drive, use machinery, or do anything that needs mental alertness until you know how this medicine affects you. Do not stand or sit up quickly, especially if you are an older patient. This reduces the risk of dizzy or fainting spells. Alcohol may interfere with the effect of this medicine. Avoid alcoholic drinks.Where should I keep my medicine?
Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at room temperature below 30 degrees C (86 degrees F). Protect from light. Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.