Good Neighbor Pharmacy Tussin
Name: Good Neighbor Pharmacy Tussin
- Good Neighbor Pharmacy Tussin missed dose
- Good Neighbor Pharmacy Tussin side effects
- Good Neighbor Pharmacy Tussin drug
- Good Neighbor Pharmacy Tussin names
What special precautions should I follow?
Before taking guaifenesin,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to guaifenesin, any other medications, or any of the ingredients in the guaifenesin product you plan to take. Check the package label for a list of the ingredients.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking or plan to take.
- tell your doctor if you smoke and if you have or have ever had a cough that occurs with a large amount of phlegm (mucus) or if you have or have ever had a breathing problem such as asthma, emphysema, or chronic bronchitis. If you will be taking the dissolving granules, tell your doctor if you are on a low magnesium diet or if you have kidney disease.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking guaifenesin, call your doctor.
- if you have phenylketonuria (PKU, a inherited condition in which a special diet must be followed to prevent mental retardation), you should know that the dissolving granules may be sweetened with aspartame, a source of phenylalanine.
What special dietary instructions should I follow?
Drink plenty of fluids while you are taking this medication.
Unless your doctor tells you otherwise, continue your normal diet.
What should I do if I forget a dose?
Guaifenesin is usually taken as needed. If your doctor has told you to take guaifenesin regularly, take the missed dose as soon as you remember it. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
What side effects can this medication cause?
Guaifenesin may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:
Guaifenesin may cause other side effects. Call your doctor if you have any unusual problems while you are taking this medication.
If you experience a serious side effect, you or your doctor may send a report to the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program online (http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch) or by phone (1-800-332-1088).
In case of emergency/overdose
In case of overdose, call your local poison control center at 1-800-222-1222. If the victim has collapsed or is not breathing, call local emergency services at 911.
- Adult Tussin®
- Air Power®
- Chest Congestion®
- Childrens Mucinex®
- Childrens Mucus Relief®
- Cough Out®
- Diabetic Siltussin DAS-Na®
- Diabetic Tussin Expectorant®
- Diabetic Tussin Mucus Relief®
- Equaline Tussin®
- Equate Tussin®
- Good Neighbor Pharmacy Tussin®
- Good Sense Tussin®
- Iophen NR®
- Leader Adult Tussin®
- Leader Mucus Relief®
- Little Remedies Little Colds Mucus Relief Expectorant Melt Aways®
- Mucinex for Kids®
- Mucus Relief®
- Mucus Relief Chest®
- ORGAN-I NR®
- Premier Value Chest Congestion Relief®
- Refenesen® Chest Congestion Relief
- Robitussin® Chest Congestion
- Scot-Tussin® Expectorant SF Cough
- SelectHealth Tussin DM®
- Siltussin DAS®
- Siltussin SA®
- Smart Sense Tussin®
- Sunmark Tussin®
- Topcare Mucus Relief®
- Topcare Tussin®
- Tussin Chest®
- Tussin Chest Congestion®
- Tussin Original®
- Up and Up Childrens Mucus Relief®
- Vicks® DayQuil®
- Wal Tussin®