Lidocaine And Epinephrine (Injection Route)
Name: Lidocaine And Epinephrine (Injection Route)
- Lidocaine And Epinephrine Injection Route injection
- Lidocaine And Epinephrine Injection Route side effects
Lidocaine and epinephrine combination injection is used to cause numbness or loss of feeling for patients having certain medical procedures (by blocking certain nerves using the brachial plexus, intercostal, lumbar, or epidural blocking techniques).
This medicine is to be given only by or under the direct supervision of your doctor.
Tell your doctor if you have ever had any unusual or allergic reaction to this medicine or any other medicines. Also tell your health care professional if you have any other types of allergies, such as to foods, dyes, preservatives, or animals. For non-prescription products, read the label or package ingredients carefully.
There are no adequate studies in women for determining infant risk when using this medication during breastfeeding. Weigh the potential benefits against the potential risks before taking this medication while breastfeeding.
Studies in women suggest that this medication poses minimal risk to the infant when used during breastfeeding.
Certain medicines should not be used at or around the time of eating food or eating certain types of food since interactions may occur. Using alcohol or tobacco with certain medicines may also cause interactions to occur. Discuss with your healthcare professional the use of your medicine with food, alcohol, or tobacco.
Other Medical Problems
The presence of other medical problems may affect the use of this medicine. Make sure you tell your doctor if you have any other medical problems, especially:
- Blood vessel disease or
- Heart disease or
- Hypertension (high blood pressure) or
- Liver disease—Use with caution. The chance of side effects may be increased.
- Brain or nerve disease or
- Heart block or
- Hypertension (high blood pressure), severe or
- Sepsis or
- Shock, severe or
- Spine problems—Use with caution.
- Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (G6PD) or
- Heart problems or
- Lung or breathing problems or
- Methemoglobinemia (blood disorder), hereditary or idiopathic (unknown cause)—Use with caution. May increase risk of having methemoglobinemia.
- Sulfite allergy—Lidocaine with epinephrine injection contains sodium metabisulfite, which may cause allergic reactions.