Name: Minims Prednisolone
How to use prednisolone eye drops
- Wash your hands well before you use the drops.
- Remove the cap (or twist off the tip of a unit if you are using single-dose Minims®).
- Tilt your head back a little and pull the lower lid of your eye downwards to form a pocket.
- Hold the bottle (or single-dose unit) upside down near to your eye. Try not to touch your eye as you do this.
- Apply enough pressure to gently release one drop into your eye. Only use a second drop if the first drop missed going into your eye.
- Close your eye for a minute or two and press gently on the side of your nose where the corner of your eye meets your nose. This helps to stop the drop from draining away and keeps it in your eye.
- Repeat the process in your other eye if you have been told to use the drops in both eyes. (The contents of one single-dose unit are enough for both eyes.)
- Replace the cap (or if you are using the single-dose unit, throw it away).