Omeprazole+Syrspend SF Alka
Name: Omeprazole+Syrspend SF Alka
- Omeprazole+Syrspend SF Alka missed dose
- Omeprazole+Syrspend SF Alka side effects
- Omeprazole+Syrspend SF Alka drug
- Omeprazole+Syrspend SF Alka weight loss
- Omeprazole+Syrspend SF Alka effects of
How is this medicine (Omeprazole+Syrspend SF Alka) best taken?
Use Omeprazole+Syrspend SF Alka as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Take this medicine before meals.
- To gain the most benefit, do not miss doses.
- Keep taking Omeprazole+Syrspend SF Alka (omeprazole oral suspension) as you have been told by your doctor or other health care provider, even if you feel well.
- Shake well before use.
- Measure liquid doses carefully. Use the measuring device that comes with this medicine. If there is none, ask the pharmacist for a device to measure Omeprazole+Syrspend SF Alka.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Signs of low magnesium levels like mood changes, muscle pain or weakness, muscle cramps or spasms, seizures, shakiness, not hungry, very bad upset stomach or throwing up, or a heartbeat that does not feel normal.
- Signs of kidney problems like unable to pass urine, change in how much urine is passed, blood in the urine, or a big weight gain.
- Signs of infection like fever, chills, very bad sore throat, ear or sinus pain, cough, more sputum or change in color of sputum, pain with passing urine, mouth sores, or wound that will not heal.
- Signs of liver problems like dark urine, feeling tired, not hungry, upset stomach or stomach pain, light-colored stools, throwing up, or yellow skin or eyes.
- Signs of a pancreas problem (pancreatitis) like very bad stomach pain, very bad back pain, or very bad upset stomach or throwing up.
- Very bad dizziness or passing out.
- Very bad belly pain.
- Bone pain.
- Fever or chills.
- Sore throat.
- A big weight loss.
- This medicine may raise the chance of a very bad form of diarrhea called Clostridium difficile (C diff)-associated diarrhea. Call your doctor right away if you have stomach pain or cramps, very loose or watery stools, or bloody stools. Do not try to treat loose stools without first checking with your doctor.
- A very bad skin reaction (Stevens-Johnson syndrome/toxic epidermal necrolysis) may happen. It can cause very bad health problems that may not go away, and sometimes death. Get medical help right away if you have signs like red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin (with or without fever); red or irritated eyes; or sores in your mouth, throat, nose, or eyes.
What are some other side effects of Omeprazole+Syrspend SF Alka?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Belly pain.
- Upset stomach or throwing up.
- Loose stools (diarrhea).
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Omeprazole+Syrspend SF Alka?
- Store in a refrigerator. Do not freeze.
- Protect from light.
- Check with your pharmacist about when you need to throw away this medicine.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.