Omnicef (Cefdinir Capsules)
Name: Omnicef (Cefdinir Capsules)
- Omnicef Cefdinir Capsules used to treat
- Omnicef Cefdinir Capsules is used to treat
- Omnicef Cefdinir Capsules drug
- Omnicef Cefdinir Capsules drugs like
- Omnicef Cefdinir Capsules missed dose
Uses of Omnicef
- It is used to treat bacterial infections.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Omnicef?
- If you have an allergy to cefdinir or any other part of Omnicef (cefdinir capsules).
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take this medicine with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
How is this medicine (Omnicef) best taken?
Use this medicine as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- To gain the most benefit, do not miss doses.
- Keep taking Omnicef as you have been told by your doctor or other health care provider, even if you feel well.
- Take this medicine at the same time of day.
- Take with or without food. Take with food if it causes an upset stomach.
- Do not take dairy products, antacids, didanosine, sucralfate, multivitamins, or other products that contain calcium, magnesium, aluminum, iron, or zinc within 2 hours before or 2 hours after taking Omnicef.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
If OVERDOSE is suspected
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Omnicef?
- Store at room temperature.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.