Name: Posaconazole Injection
- Posaconazole Injection how to use
- Posaconazole Injection injection
- Posaconazole Injection names
- Posaconazole Injection drug
How should this medicine be used?
Posaconazole injection comes as a powder to be mixed with liquid and injected intravenously (into a vein). It is usually infused (injected slowly) twice daily on the first day and then once a day. Your doctor will determine how long you need to use this medication. You may receive posaconazole injection in a hospital or you may administer the medication at home. If you will be receiving posaconazole injection at home, your healthcare provider will show you how to use the medication. Be sure that you understand these directions, and ask your healthcare provider if you have any questions.
Ask your pharmacist or doctor for a copy of the manufacturer's information for the patient.
What special dietary instructions should I follow?
Unless your doctor tells you otherwise, continue your normal diet.
What other information should I know?
Keep all appointments with your doctor and the laboratory. Your doctor will order certain lab tests to check your body's response to posaconazole injection.
Do not let anyone else use your medication. Ask your pharmacist any questions you have about refilling your prescription. If you still have symptoms of infection after you finish posaconazole injection, call your doctor.
It is important for you to keep a written list of all of the prescription and nonprescription (over-the-counter) medicines you are taking, as well as any products such as vitamins, minerals, or other dietary supplements. You should bring this list with you each time you visit a doctor or if you are admitted to a hospital. It is also important information to carry with you in case of emergencies.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Posaconazole Injection?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take posaconazole injection. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Have blood work checked as you have been told by the doctor. Talk with the doctor.
- Do not use longer than you have been told. A second infection may happen.
- Do not switch between different forms of this medicine without first talking with the doctor.
- This medicine may affect how much of some other drugs are in your body. If you are taking other drugs, talk with your doctor. You may need to have your blood work checked more closely while taking posaconazole injection with your other drugs.
- If you are taking vinblastine, vincristine, or vinorelbine, talk with your doctor. Very bad nerve problems like seizures; burning, numbness, and tingling; and a type of bowel block have happened when this medicine was used with vincristine.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using posaconazole injection while you are pregnant.
How do I store and/or throw out Posaconazole Injection?
- If you need to store posaconazole injection at home, talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist about how to store it.